Alpha Power Systems Pty Ltd (ALPHA) warrants its products to be free from defects in materials and/or workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the date of dispatch ex-ALPHA warehouse. For single-phase UPS products, the warranty period is extended to two (2) years. (Batteries are not included in the additional year extention offer) The liability of ALPHA under this warranty is solely limited to repairing or replacing (at the discretion of ALPHA) subject to the following conditions:
1. ALPHA is promptly notified in writing or by telephone that a failure or defect has occurred.The model number & serial numbers of the product must be stated and an RMA number must be obtained prior sending the faulty product to Alpha. The Service manager then will give the appropriate instructions as to how to proceed.
2. For products up to 3KVA which are plug-in installed and easily removable (not hardwired method), the warranty covers for return to base repairs. The product must be returned to Alpha workshop or, as instructed by Alpha service manager, to an Alpha authorized service centre closest to the customer location. The customer is responsible for all costs associated with the return of the faulty product to ALPHA repair centers.
3. The products must be adequately packed to prevent shipping damage and must be accompanied with a RMA (Return Material Authorization) issued by ALPHA.
4. For hardwired products (such as products above 3KVA), the warranty covers on-site repair in the metropolitan area of Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Adelaide only and during normal working hours. The repair work would be performed by ALPHA technicians or by appointed agents.
5. For hardwired products installed outside the metropolitan area of Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Adelaide, unless otherwise agreed and specified at the time of purchase, the product should be returned to Alpha workshop for repair. However, should the customer request on site repairs by Alpha, the labor component will be charged as per our standard hourly rates at that time. The customer is also responsible for any traveling & accommodation expenses.
6. The warranty does not cover defects caused by misuse, neglect, improper installation, unauthorized repair/alteration, accident or abnormal electrical surges (such as lightning) etc. If ALPHA does determine that the product has been damaged due to one of the above causes, or if the product is free of defects, an inspection/handling or repair fee plus transportation will be chargeable to the customer.